Breaking a Lease my landlord is racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

reginagrdnr

my landlord called my husbands job and asked do they conduct drug test " because he looks like a pot head and he sounds high all the time" my husband has been having the same job since 19 years old as a pipe inspector and has never done drugs..the landlord was out of line..can we break our lease because of slander?

What damages have been suffered because of the landlord's call to employer?

my landlord called my husbands job and asked do they conduct drug test " because he looks like a pot head and he sounds high all the time" my husband has been having the same job since 19 years old as a pipe inspector and has never done drugs..the landlord was out of line..can we break our lease because of slander?

How do YOU prove who made the call?

Maybe your hubby made the call?

Sorry, no case.

why would my husband make a call like that while he is at work? and actually we have a written statement form his employer stating the incident

So far, based on what we have, I see no case.

With all due respect...your husband's employer has been contacted and the first thing you ask about is your lease?!

No, you cannot get out of your lease for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back