Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct My kid charged with harassment later to find the reporting party lied about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmoto

State=Colorado

Back in 2005 my daughter was charged with harassment, one count. She had a run in before with the reporting party and had been through "diversion" because of a fight in school. Before her diversion was over though, my daughter threw a small rock at her while she was in line at the carnival. The girl didn't even know that a rock had been thrown at her jacket until some one else told her. When the "victim" got home she told an unreal story to her dad who called the cops and wanted to press harassment charges against her, and have all diversion privilges taken away. The school "resource officer" then called my daughter in for a "statement" which she gave and we thought nothing of it. Until,,, Court came. They were going to nail her to the wall! We decided that we needed a lawyer, we didn't even receive any documents that the court had and we were told that she was considered a very violent juvenille and they were going to take her out of my home and place her in a juvenille facility for a year. We were told to take her to the probation department for an appointment at which time that lady said we had to pay to get her a psych eval, and she would be subject to UA's randomly but every week at our cost. This lady WENT TOO FAR and I freaked out. Next day we had a lawyer. In the end, she did have the psych eval (which cost $115.00 and five minutes for the lady to claim she is NOT a psycho violent person) She did NOT take ANY UA's and the lawyer only got a deferred judgement against her for one year. (All told I'm out Thousands of dollars, my daughter did hundreds of hours of community service, and is free and clear now of it all) Now I come to find out the girl LIED to HER PARENTS THE POLICE and LAUGHS ABOUT IT. I WANT TO SUE THIS GIRLS FAMILY!!!!! I want my life back! Karma did get the girl, she uses drugs, quit school, and her life is going DOWN THE DRAIN, where my daughter is excelling in everything she does. Do I have any hope of taking this girl or her family to court and recouping any costs and possibly suing for more damage?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back