Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders My Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

tightass666p

When I was 17 I plead guilty but mentally ill to 3rd degree csc. Does this conviction stop me from ever being allowed to have kid's or to marry a woman with kid's? I was 17 and accused of sex with a 13 year old, even though no crime ever took place. I pled guilty at the advice of a court appointed lawyer.

When I was 17 I plead guilty but mentally ill to 3rd degree csc. Does this conviction stop me from ever being allowed to have kid's or to marry a woman with kid's? I was 17 and accused of sex with a 13 year old, even though no crime ever took place. I pled guilty at the advice of a court appointed lawyer.

If you are no longer under any probation or parole restrictions, you are free to marry anyone of legal age to consent to marriage.

This is true. But be aware that IF the woman has children, she could lose custody of said children.

THAT is the important factor, I think.

We've seen it elsewhere, right Bay? Very similar circumstances resulting in custody being switched....

Because if Daddy objects to HIS child/ren living with or being exposed to someone convicted of a sex crime, that's a valid reason to request changing custody.

si if he does not object she will not lose her kid's right?

No one can promise you or her that she will not lose her children because of your past.

People can always change their mind.

You and her might be wise to discuss this thoroughly before you even get engaged.

You might be wise to discuss this thoroughly before you get too involved dating.

Maybe you both should go to a counselor, together?

You might BOTH wish to see a local attorney and discuss this with him/her?

The worst thing for everyone concerned would be to say nothing, do nothing, discuss nothing, and this gets discovered in two, three, four, or more years!

What Bay and Proserpina are saying to you is that your past can be a liability, not only to you, but to many other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back