My first wreck ever (28 years driving)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun

I live in Alabama. I was on a road on the west side of a divided highway. I saw that there was a vehicle on the same road on the east side of this highway, so I turned on my blinker indicating that I was going to turn left and head on the northbound traffic. When the southbound traffic cleared, I pulled into the median. I immediately looked south to the northbound traffic. Within 5 seconds I got a clearing and I pulled out. I immediately turned around to see that the other vehicle was pulling across to the median I was leaving. I hit the vehicle without warning.

My question is, it is my fault or his?

I live in Alabama. I was on a road on the west side of a divided highway. I saw that there was a vehicle on the same road on the east side of this highway, so I turned on my blinker indicating that I was going to turn left and head on the northbound traffic. When the southbound traffic cleared, I pulled into the median. I immediately looked south to the northbound traffic. Within 5 seconds I got a clearing and I pulled out. I immediately turned around to see that the other vehicle was pulling across to the median I was leaving. I hit the vehicle without warning.

My question is, it is my fault or his?

Fault won't be determined by the court.
The court upon hearing the testimony of witnesses, both drivers, the investigating officers, review the evidence and exhibits, and ultimately determine if one or both parties were negligent, inattentive, violated any traffic laws, and apportion guilt.

There's no way anyone could provide you with a proper answer. If you were issued a citation, that simply means in the officer's view, you're liable or stand accused. You're innocent, until you plead guilty, or are proven guilty in a court of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back