My Ex-wife lawyer refuses to return call to the Detective for an interview

In the interest of FULL disclosure, as I was at one time a state paid persecutor, people SOMETIMES don't get charged because they RAT out other miscreants who allegedly have committed far more heinous crimes.

Quid pro quo, left hand washes the right, and backs do get scratched.

Therefore, the alleged kiddie stabber (or alleged attempted kiddie intimidator) may have revealed juicy, scintillating exploits of felons, rapists, dopers, robbers, and killers, oh my!!!!!

If you can RAT out others, able to eat lots of cheese, drop oodles of dimes; all your misdeeds will be forgiven for you so the state can get Willie, Thriller, Killer Ken, Rapist Rod, or Paula Prostitute!!!!!

The alleged kiddie stabber may have told where the bodies were buried, the meth labs are located, the chop shops do business, or where the burglars sell their purloined loot.

what if she does get charged for a misdemeanor, then do you think that she can still be near my son for a period of time.

If she is convicted of a crime, she'll be instructed as to what she can't do.

If she's not allowed within 1,000 feet of the boy, you'll be made of aware of any restriction.

Now here's a question for you.

Why are you so interested and concerned about her being punished?

Isn't it better to be grateful that your son wasn't hurt?

Because if she cannot control her temper then it can still happen in the future with my son, what if I'm not around at that time, anything can happen to my son.

The place to address that is in family court where you could seek a restraining order or supervised visitation.

Relying on the criminal justice system to keep her away from your son is way to iffy.

The place to address that is in family court where you could seek a restraining order or supervised visitation.

Relying on the criminal justice system to keep her away from your son is way to iffy.

Can you please explain why you said that the criminal justice is too iffy, because that this the only way to prove to any judge that my ex-wife did committed such violent act to my son.

Can you please explain why you said that the criminal justice is too iffy, because that this the only way to prove to any judge that my ex-wife did committed such violent act to my son.

As you have observed, it's been ahead and NOTHING has happened to her as a result of what she's alleged to have done with a knife.

The better option for you would have been to sought an emergency order of protection for domestic violence/child abuse.

It is a civil order, but much easier to obtain with the proper evidence and proof.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.
I don't need to know, you need to know.
Are you trying to obtain primary physical custody?
Do you think any sanctions she receives will cost her custody, or allow you to stop aging child support?

Look, don't bother answering me.
Those are questions you must answer for yourself.

The more important thing is to protect your children.

If she does anything like this again, seek an emergency order of protection, citing domestic violence or child abuse.

Yes, call the police, and/or child services.
You can still pursue the civil remedy of a protective order.

Finally, you should discuss the entire situation with YOUR lawyer, not strangers on the Internet. Your child's life is far too important to risk harm to him by not working with YOUR lawyer, child services, and family therapists.

Yours isn't an easy problem to solve. There isn't a magic chant you can shout to fix the problems you're having.

Your former wife might be mentally ill.
She might have drug abuse issues.
She might just be an ornery, mean, killer in training.
You might wish to discuss her behavior with her parents, siblings, other close relatives to ensure she gets help; but also to make sure the child is safe.

Hi All Friends, the DA had issue a warrant for my ex-wife, but can I don't let my ex-wife visit my kids because she has a warrant for aggregated assault of a child and not showing up in court, If I do that, can she sue me for breaking visitation orders? thank you for all your opinions.

Hi All Friends, the DA had issue a warrant for my ex-wife, but can I don't let my ex-wife visit my kids because she has a warrant for aggregated assault of a child and not showing up in court, If I do that, can she sue me for breaking visitation orders? thank you for all your opinions.

Yes, she can.

In the USA one is innocent until proven guilty. Your visitation orders stand and are enforceable until a court of law says they aren't. Don't mess with them.

It's already been suggested that you petition family court for a change in visitation. That was at least two weeks ago. Have you done that yet?

It seems justice is working for your child.
You must obey the court order.
The police want to arrest the abuser and serve the warrant.
If you arrange for the police to be present about 10 minutes before your wife arrives to visit the chid she'll be arrested and your child will be safe.

I suggest you go obtain an emergency order of protection against your wife to protect your child. That way she won't be allowed to visit him, and you can work with child services for a longer term solution.

The OOP can be obtained through your local justice of the peace court.

Hi Amy, I just called about the OOP, but they said that only the police will put an emergency order of protection against my wife, once they arrest her, not now.

Hi Amy, I just called about the OOP, but they said that only the police will put an emergency order of protection against my wife, once they arrest her, not now.

Who did you talk to and what did you say that got you that response?

Read about protective orders at the AG's website:

Crime Victims - Protective Orders

There's a link to a forms kit that you can use.

File it and let a judge tell you whether you can have it or not, not some clerk over the phone.

Hi Jack, I called the OOP, they said that they cannot help me because I already have an attorney, they said that my attorney needs to take care it, they cannot do anything now.

Back