Overstay, Illegal Status my ex went back to mexico, our kids need him, can he come back legally

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkirose

My ex was here illegally since he was young. Him and I had two boys together ( he is on the birth certificates and they have his last name) . About three years ago he decided he was tired of living here illegally and moved back to Mexico of hIs own choice, not deported.He is now realizing he made a hasty decision and shouldn't have left the boys, is there a way we can help him come legally? So he don't have to live paranoid here again? I have since remarried and marrying him is not an option. I just want what's best for my boys and I believe having their dad help raising them and being part of their life is best for them. We can't afford an attorney so is there something I could do myself? I'm more than willing to do something.

Here's a thought, it's free, PRAY.

That's all you've got.

He can apply, but will need to show more than paternity to two kids.

He'll need a financial sponsor, a lawyer to assist, and if he's allowed, the sponsor is stuck for a very, long, indeterminate time.

He might try for compassionate reunification.

It works for a few, or so I'm told.

There a better responders who care about this issue.

Wait for them to appear, they might offer more hope.

Or, send the kids to live with papi.

Read this:

https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/greencard-relatives.html

IMPORTANT: The sponsoring relative can be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder). If the sponsoring relative is a U.S. citizen, you should download the application guide on this page. However, if the sponsoring relative is a Green Card holder, you should download the "Green Card through Permanent Resident Relative Application Guide".

The family member who will sponsor you for a Green Card can be your:

• Husband/wife (refer to Green Card through Marriage application)
  • Widow or widower of a U.S. citizen
  • Brother or sister (including half-brothers and half-sisters)
  • Son or daughter (including illegitimate children)
  • Stepson or stepdaughter
  • Stepparent of a U.S. citizen child
  • Adopted son or daughter
  • Adopted parent (please refer to our Green Card through Adoption section)
  • Father or mother
  • Battered or abused spouse or child

Last edited:
So I'm assuming the "person sponsoring " has to be 18 and prove they can support or help support the person applying for? Can I apply on behalf of my children as they are only 6 & 7 and not capable of sponsoring anybody.

Sponsor means, pay for the person's needs. It's not a great bet, most sponsors get screwed. Think co-signing a loan, screwed, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back