My ex gained custody of my children while there was a no contact order of protection in place

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I'll try to be as informative as possible, so bare with me. October 30.2016, a judge granted me temporary custody of our children as well as a no contact order of protection after I provided my statement as well as pictures of bruises that my Ex's live in girlfriend has left on our daughter, who was 6 at the time, after whopping her with a wooden spoon for accidentally shutting her daughter's hand in the car door. November 10,2016 around 8 pm, he arrived at my home with an officer and took my children and I was given a paper stating that I was ordered to take a hair follicle test within 24 hrs. Not only had full custody been given to my ex but somehow to his gf, too! (who at this time was still married to another man while living with my ex and carrying his baby) The next morning, I called to inquire the price of the rest and where to do it. As soon as I got the funds, I went and submitted to this. Immediately after, I met with a local attorney and gave him $1500 to do whatever was needed to get my children back. (of course this was only the retainer and I've been paying monthly for four months) I've given him all evidence to show all my ex allegations to be false, including the results from the hair follicle which proved that there was no drug use. After recieeiving results from my rest, I asked him to file a motion for both my ex and his gf to submit to testing as well. On November 28,2016 we were granted the motion and the orders we sent. After the ex received the order, they had their attorney contact my attorney asking that we put all this behind us and return back to our previous arrangment(which was joint custody) I refused and told my lawyer I wanted full custody. It is now a week away from my court date that I Finally was given and they still have not attempted to submit to ordered drug tests. (order stated that it be done within 24 hours of the date received which was November 28) My children and I have endured 4 months of hell. We went both Christmas and Thanksgiving with me only getting them the day before or the day after. And now, another holiday (Easter) I am deprived of having my children even for a couple of hours for Easter day. (I got them after dark last night and must return them this evening. Last week, CC's attempted to contact my ex or his gf and after being at their home twice with no answer, they returned the next morning with an officer and were there over an hour. (His grandma lives next door and she tells me anytime she knows of anything going on.) I called both DHS and my attorney trying to get information about why they were there and if my kids were in any kind of danger but never got a call back. I feel I've been seriously misrepresented in this case. I don't see how this has gone on for this long and even with them being in contempt for not doing their drug tests, I've been sat on the back burner with a court date only 4 months later. Can anyone give me their input on whether I should continue this case with my attorney or maybe hire another? Is there anything more I can do? I'm just really wanting some positive words with court coming up.

You are a week away from your court date. Changing attorneys would only delay that court date more.
The timeline you are giving here is perfectly normal. Don't expect this coming court date to be the end of it all. Expect it to continue.
Speak with your attorney and learn exactly what matters are being addressed at this coming date. Make sure your concerns on those matters are understood.
There is never a quick solution to these matters. Be patient and trust the legal counsel you've already had for several months.

I'll try to be as informative as possible, so bare with me. October 30.2016, a judge granted me temporary custody of our children as well as a no contact order of protection after I provided my statement as well as pictures of bruises that my Ex's live in girlfriend has left on our daughter, who was 6 at the time, after whopping her with a wooden spoon for accidentally shutting her daughter's hand in the car door. November 10,2016 around 8 pm, he arrived at my home with an officer and took my children and I was given a paper stating that I was ordered to take a hair follicle test within 24 hrs. Not only had full custody been given to my ex but somehow to his gf, too! (who at this time was still married to another man while living with my ex and carrying his baby) The next morning, I called to inquire the price of the rest and where to do it. As soon as I got the funds, I went and submitted to this. Immediately after, I met with a local attorney and gave him $1500 to do whatever was needed to get my children back. (of course this was only the retainer and I've been paying monthly for four months) I've given him all evidence to show all my ex allegations to be false, including the results from the hair follicle which proved that there was no drug use. After recieeiving results from my rest, I asked him to file a motion for both my ex and his gf to submit to testing as well. On November 28,2016 we were granted the motion and the orders we sent. After the ex received the order, they had their attorney contact my attorney asking that we put all this behind us and return back to our previous arrangment(which was joint custody) I refused and told my lawyer I wanted full custody. It is now a week away from my court date that I Finally was given and they still have not attempted to submit to ordered drug tests. (order stated that it be done within 24 hours of the date received which was November 28) My children and I have endured 4 months of hell. We went both Christmas and Thanksgiving with me only getting them the day before or the day after. And now, another holiday (Easter) I am deprived of having my children even for a couple of hours for Easter day. (I got them after dark last night and must return them this evening. Last week, CC's attempted to contact my ex or his gf and after being at their home twice with no answer, they returned the next morning with an officer and were there over an hour. (His grandma lives next door and she tells me anytime she knows of anything going on.) I called both DHS and my attorney trying to get information about why they were there and if my kids were in any kind of danger but never got a call back. I feel I've been seriously misrepresented in this case. I don't see how this has gone on for this long and even with them being in contempt for not doing their drug tests, I've been sat on the back burner with a court date only 4 months later. Can anyone give me their input on whether I should continue this case with my attorney or maybe hire another? Is there anything more I can do? I'm just really wanting some positive words with court coming up.

Your ex's girlfriend did not get custody of those children. You're mistaken on that one. She's legally a stranger to those kids.

Why would you hire a new attorney right now? You need to just wait for court. You can't do anything until then. Your lawyer is doing what he or she has to do and can't do anything more. If you try to go outside the system, you'll make things worse for yourself.

Back