my employer gave away my check

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelrasier

I am a 24 year old woman living in georgia. I am learning disabled and suffering from depression. For several years I lived with my mother who was my caretaker. She was both mentally and verbally abusive and molested me as a child. When I was 18 I was sent to work at a menial shirt pressing job, which my mother collected all my funds. And I was only allowed to have what she alloted me to have. I was denied both an ID and a driver's license. I was abused on a daily basis. To the point of contiplating suicide. A couple of months ago I found my boyfriend and moved in with him. I told my mother that I would no longer tolerate the living situation she had put me in and would no longer be controling my money. I also made my emplyers aware of this fact as well. The next week I went in to work, only to discover that my emplyoers had handed it over to her anyway and would NOT repay me the check.
I called the bank to see if I could cash my check or not (my mother had been cashing it for four yeras) and I was told that unless I had an ID I could not cash my check. I then found out that my mother had opened an account illegally in my name, takken out credit card, run up an overdaft fee and written bad checks in my name. I went down to the bank to talk to someone in person. Where I was told that the bank would allow me to use my school ID to cash my checks and that I could open up my own account. But the very next time I went in to cash one of my checks I was told that the bank had opened up a fraud investigation and had frozen the account. Along wiith my 100 deposit and any chances of getting my check cashed.
Things were equally bad at work. Wheere the emplyers who had handed over my last check against my will refused to cash any of my checks and tried to cheat me out of my vacation pay. "mysteriously' forgetting to pay me on the check they were suppose to. So I had no way to cash any of my checks and make it back and forth from work. (My boyfreind is unemployed.) I ended up having to quit work. Which means I'm out of unemplyment since I wasn't fired. Plus that was the only job I have ever had and I doubt I can use them as a referance now. So that coupled with my learning disability means I will have a hard time getting another job.
I am unemplyed. Learning disabled. And depressed. I have a bank account I cannot use. Ex empolyers who tried to rob me blind. A mother who robbed me blind. And a bank robbing me blind. And no way to support myself. I do not know where to go fro here. Any advice woul be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Angel scoggins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back