Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft my cousin is accused of stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria25

I am going to fight it because I didn't have anything and what she had wasn't nothing for me and they still gave me a ticket ....

Before we went I told her I will take her tomorrow but she said she needed to go so I took her and she got me in her mess now she don't want to go to court tomorrow to tell them I didn't have anything what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to fight it because I didn't have anything and what she had wasn't nothing for me and they still gave me a ticket ....

Before we went I told her I will take her tomorrow but she said she needed to go so I took her and she got me in her mess now she don't want to go to court tomorrow to tell them I didn't have anything what should I do?

Very simple, you show up when and where you were instructed, be neatly attired, listen to the instructions the bailiff will give, answer the judge with (Yes Your Honor, No Your Honor), answer the prosecutor with [yes sir or no sir or yes ma'am or no ma'am], when called move forward, stand straight, answer questions with yes or no when you can, and you plead NOT guilty (when asked, request a public defender or hire your own lawyer), but politely decline to speak about the case, and say, I want to speak with my lawyer. so I can't answer that.

After court, stay out of trouble until the trial, meet with the lawyer when told, and don't go near your cousin, don't even speak to your cousin, not even to say hello.

what were the circumstances? did you pick out anything that was later stolen? did police or loss prevention stop you? When i make a case against an accessory they had an "active" role in the shoplifting. By this I mean they selected merchandise which the other concealed and left with or something of that nature. You don't have to be the one walking out with merchandise to be convicted of shoplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back