My commercial building hit by hail storm

Dilina Ford

Jurisdiction
Colorado
My commercial building was hit by hail in 2012 first company said it was cosmetic, second hail storm hit in 2013 quarter size hail damaging the HVACS and the entire roof. In mediation Insurance company was negotiating with my attorney the amount was not even covering the replacement value that the Public Adjuster proved. This case has dragged on for four years, I suffered loss of tenants and out of my own pocket paid over $7,000. in patching the roof. All four HVAC's have been severely damaged and Public Adjuster required new HVACs $56,000.00. The total cost of the roof, HVACs, losses to me is over $245,000.00. Getting ready for trail and my attorney files the wrong and incomplete roof report, Insurance company finds out and makes a settlement offer of $25,000.00 my attorney unilaterally takes the settlement, I did not authorize this nor would I. I was able to stop the settlement, I told the Judge what I did not authorize the settlement and the Judge has the wrong roofing report. The attorney and law firm have withdrawn from my case. The Judge has motioned the attorney, me and the law firm to be present in the next couple of weeks. I wrote the Judge asking for a speedy and honorable settlement for all damages in my case. The motion is to determine settlement agreement if it was actual a viable settlement. Insurance company is stating that they have an agreement with my attorney. What can I do to get my damages paid to me ASAP???

What can I do to get my damages paid to me ASAP???

Speed of action is beyond your control.

However, you can retain new counsel, one you trust who will litigate this properly upon yoru behalf.

Once you hire counsel, even before you ire counsel, I suggest you make no comment about this matter, other than to your new attorney.

The internet is useless for serious legal matters, which yours appears to be such serious legal matter.

My commercial building was hit by hail in 2012 first company said it was cosmetic, second hail storm hit in 2013 quarter size hail damaging the HVACS and the entire roof. In mediation Insurance company was negotiating with my attorney the amount was not even covering the replacement value that the Public Adjuster proved. This case has dragged on for four years, I suffered loss of tenants and out of my own pocket paid over $7,000. in patching the roof. All four HVAC's have been severely damaged and Public Adjuster required new HVACs $56,000.00. The total cost of the roof, HVACs, losses to me is over $245,000.00. Getting ready for trail and my attorney files the wrong and incomplete roof report, Insurance company finds out and makes a settlement offer of $25,000.00 my attorney unilaterally takes the settlement, I did not authorize this nor would I. I was able to stop the settlement, I told the Judge what I did not authorize the settlement and the Judge has the wrong roofing report. The attorney and law firm have withdrawn from my case. The Judge has motioned the attorney, me and the law firm to be present in the next couple of weeks. I wrote the Judge asking for a speedy and honorable settlement for all damages in my case. The motion is to determine settlement agreement if it was actual a viable settlement. Insurance company is stating that they have an agreement with my attorney. What can I do to get my damages paid to me ASAP???
Speed of action is beyond your control.

However, you can retain new counsel, one you trust who will litigate this properly upon yoru behalf.

Once you hire counsel, even before you ire counsel, I suggest you make no comment about this matter, other than to your new attorney.

The internet is useless for serious legal matters, which yours appears to be such serious legal matter.

You can ask.
If I ask the Judge will I compromise my case? I need conditions that the correct and complete roof report be submitted, and that the expert can testify. Also bad faith expert was stricken from testifying. I simply desire to have justice prevail in this matter, for a speedy and horrible settlement for ALL damages to awarded to me so I can replace my roof, HVACS, paid out of my own pocket to patching the roof and loss of rent, and loss of tenants which is over $20,000.00.
Does the Judge have power to award me damages? The Judge has a copy of my insurance policy which clearly states replacement value, and bad faith, and to pay for attorney fees.

Back