My car company said they have a replevin order

C

Christinanperex

Jurisdiction
California
Good evening my car company is trying to say they have a replevin order for my car. They never told me about a court date they never send me any papers about a court date. Can they go to court and get a order without me being there? Or are they just trying to threaten me? I didn't get nothing in the mail or never got served with any papers they just called me today and said they just got the replevin order and that I need to give them a call. Can you please help me out and let me know if I need to be served or do they need to send me something about the court date.
Thank you
Christina Perez

Good evening my car company is trying to say they have a replevin order for my car. They never told me about a court date they never send me any papers about a court date. Can they go to court and get a order without me being there? Or are they just trying to threaten me? I didn't get nothing in the mail or never got served with any papers they just called me today and said they just got the replevin order and that I need to give them a call. Can you please help me out and let me know if I need to be served or do they need to send me something about the court date.
Thank you
Christina Perez

An order of replevin isn't required for a lender to repossess a vehicle you financed with their company.

The lender can simply repossess the vehicle if you're in arrears in accordance with the terms of your loan.

I suggest you call the lender as requested.

my car company

If you mean the finance company, then I agree with Army Judge that your car can be repossessed by the lender any time you are late with your payments. That's part of your loan contract. Read it.

If, by "my car company," you mean some kind of entity other than a lender, please explain what you mean.

If there is an Order of Replevin (and I do mean "if") such means that the lender has been unable to gain peaceful access to its property. If there is an Order of Replevin the lender will most likely have a peace officer (sheriff or constable or someone in such a roll) show up with the towing company.

OP should contact the lender and ask for a copy of the Order of Replevin.

If one does exist he/she should pay what is demanded to keep the vehicle, file Chapter 13 to try to save the vehicle, or give it back to its proper owner, the lender.

If one does not exist he/she should pay what is demanded to keep the vehicle, file Chapter 13 to try to save the vehicle, or give it back to its proper owner, the lender.

Des.

Back