My boyfriend's baby mother wants to move out of state with his child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ce3c3e

Hey I have a big problem!!! My boyfriend has a 3 year old daughter and he is a very good father to her he has joint custody of her and him and her mother have a mutual agreement money. Our relationship is serious and I see his daughter just about every weekend. The past two weeks his baby mother has seen me and for some reason I believe she is jealous. All of a sudden she is now telling everyone in his family that she is getting married and moving out to a state basically cross country. He is angry and doesnt know what to do. I have been doung research about the situation and i've seen that most of the time the father has to give a consent letter, would that count in this case because they have joint custody but he doesnt pay child support through the system?:confused:

Hey I have a big problem!!! My boyfriend has a 3 year old daughter and he is a very good father to her he has joint custody of her and him and her mother have a mutual agreement money. Our relationship is serious and I see his daughter just about every weekend. The past two weeks his baby mother has seen me and for some reason I believe she is jealous. All of a sudden she is now telling everyone in his family that she is getting married and moving out to a state basically cross country. He is angry and doesnt know what to do. I have been doung research about the situation and i've seen that most of the time the father has to give a consent letter, would that count in this case because they have joint custody but he doesnt pay child support through the system?:confused:

Follow Jacksgal's instructions, and suggest he retain an attorney.

She can only move (LEGALLY) to another state pursuant to a court order.

Your BF should also pay his child support pursuant to a court order.

Without the benefit of a court order (or a stipulation, approved by the court),
all of the money he has been paying MIGHT not be counted.

He COULD find himself with a HUGE order to pay back child support.

Never pay child support without the benefit of a court order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back