My boyfriend is on parole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpleheart3

Ok so my boyfriend has been out on parole sense 6/2013 we've been dating a few months now things are great so he had parole today 3/11/2014 he went to report to his parole officer today and told him that he had a girlfriend meaning me and his po said that he's not allowed to date me not allowed to come to my home etc basically have nothing to do with me because I've been a victimi of domectic violence in the past. Can he do that ??? I can understand not living with me but not allowed to be ner me or anything. I'm lost and need go directions please

His PO doesn't control you, but does control him.
Parole is simply an extension of his imprisonment.
He does as he's told, in this case staying away from you, or he'll face revocation and an eventual return to prison.
If you love him, stay away from him.
You won't be harmed, but you'll harm him.

Is it safe to say his probation involved domestic violence in some form?

It is more that just safe to say, Pro, its the reason for the no contact instruction.

It isn't unusual for people with very bad things in their background to conceal them, or offer equivocations of the truth.

Your boyfriend needs to review his terms of parole and understand them. The PO can only violate his parole if he breaks those terms or commits a new crime.
That does not mean that the PO can't make life difficult for him. If he was told to stay away from you it would be in his best interest to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back