My boyfriend bought a house, but I pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic1978

Hello,
My boyfriend wanted to buy a house in the worst way, even though he couldn't afford one. He has too many bills and pays child support and cannot afford it period. One bank rejected him as he needed a co-signer or he needed to add me, which I was up in the air about. After searching bank to bank, he finally found a bank that would for some reason give him a loan, for $98,000. The house needed a lot of work, a lot of work, new siding, windows, the inside needed complete remodeling, plumbing, etc. We moved in the house together, but I've paid every house payment, closing costs on the house, every bill for electric, TV, phone, etc., and everything that we've remodeled, I've paid for because he doesn't have any money left over after paying his bills, truck payment and child support. My name is not on the loan, but I've stuck every dime of money into this house already. He had left a month ago and said I could have the house, but now he's unsure about that. We are planning on breaking up and I'm wondering what my options are and if you please help? Could I get the house even though my name isn't on the loan and he absolutely cannot afford the house at all? Thanks in advance.

He was supposed to pay for the expenses, but to answer your question, no. He told me when he was going to leave last month that he couldn't afford the house on his own, that's why he would leave. If I fought him for the house, do you think I can get it?

He was supposed to pay for the expenses, but to answer your question, no. He told me when he was going to leave last month that he couldn't afford the house on his own, that's why he would leave. If I fought him for the house, do you think I can get it?

Leave the boyfriend, leave the dump of a house that HE purchased and don't every get entangled with a man who can't or won't pay his own way.

Expensive lesson learned:yes:

mic1978 said:

No, you won't get the house, if you fight him.

But, if you don't pay, he'll lose the house anyway.

So, why not offer him something to let you assume the note?

If it were me, I'd offer him $500 to get him off the note and deed.

That presumes the bank approves.

If he balks, I'd get out within 3 days.

Whatever you do, it needs to be in writing.

You might want to speak with a lawyer before proceeding.

The loan might have been obtained through deceit or fraud.

It sounds as if he was unable to obtain a proper loan.

It could also have ballooning payments in 2 or 3 years.

Be careful, whatever you do.

You might be better off moving and letting him take the hit on the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back