Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders My best friend is 21 and talking to a 16 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgottenOrange

My best friend is 21 living in Florida and she is talking to a 16 year old from Ohio via text message. She says that there are no full nudes sent (only one showing her bra), but her other friend started texting him and asked him about fantasies thinking she was talking to her boyfriend. The 16-year old is making advancements, but she is ignoring them, or answering with a smiley face and changing the subject. Is this legal, and if not, what charges could she be facing? I have explained the legal age of consent is 16 in Ohio but 18 in florida, but my friend is very worried and wanted to ask a professional.

She also made it clear to the 16-year old boy that she does not want to do anything illegal with him, and that she was just flirting.

Last edited:
Tell your friend to immediately delete without reading or even opening any and all texts, emails, IMs, FB messages or any other contacts from this alleged 16 year old. There is virtually no danger to him, but she could face Federal charges given the right, or wrong, circumstances.

I have told her what you said and screen-captured this conversation and sent it to her. She has ceased contact with the boy since I showed her what you said. She told me to say thanks. I feel bad that she had to be involved in such a circumstance, as it is unfortunate.

Thanks for helping me help my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back