Multiple small claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

I have a person that owes me $9700. I know that in MA you can do small claims up to $2000 + $40 filing charge. Is there an easier way to go after the $9700 than 5 small claims requests?

I have a person that owes me $9700. I know that in MA you can do small claims up to $2000 + $40 filing charge. Is there an easier way to go after the $9700 than 5 small claims requests?

You cannot do 5 small claims requests.

You have to file ONE lawsuit on the facts you have here.

You cannot sue someone 5 times for the same thing. You will have to sue them in civil court outside of small claims. You probably should see an attorney.

Although it seems the same it isn't. There are multiple months of rents due as well as cell phone money. If I can loop the months like this May 04, June 04 July 04 Aug 04 = $2000 and then do the next 4 months, is that considered the same thing?

Although it seems the same it isn't. There are multiple months of rents due as well as cell phone money. If I can loop the months like this May 04, June 04 July 04 Aug 04 = $2000 and then do the next 4 months, is that considered the same thing?

That's all one transaction....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back