Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse multiple misdemeanors multiple priors

bobbysue

Hello.
So ive been going to court for a misdemeanor posesion charge and they offered me 18 months of prop 36 classes twice a week which I countered with my own classes/program from my insurance. I'm due back in court in a few weeks . Well today I picked up a petty theft charge. I'm worried that I'll go to court and won't be Able to take care of Both of the charges together. And about what the outcome will be. I have a public defender but I should probably lawyer up over this one. Anyways I'm not expecting jail time but I know this is all bad. Any comments on how I should handle this is appreciated.

Relax, CA isn't inclined (these days) to lock up "petty thieves" with drug abuse issues.

You're always FREE to hire your own lawyer. your call.

The worst thing you can do is keep breaking their laws, especially while they have you on trial for breaking their laws!

You will have to deal with the new charges, and if the drug case is already moving forward, the two are unlikely to be joined together. The odds of jail time over a first offense of theft is highly unlikely.

Back