Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Multiple misdemeanors in 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steewurt5

I'm a resident in Colorado and a few weeks ago I received a misdemeanor "Interference/Resisting Arrest" charge and was given a ticket and court date. I was very drunk and didn't remember the interaction until I received the police report which detailed that I got physically and verbally abusive with the officers and was generally uncooperative to the point where it took both of the arresting officers to physically restrain me even with the handcuffs I had on. It also outlined that I refused to sign the ticket and was cussing and verbally assaulting them the whole time. They also have video of this.

About three weeks later I was driving after I had drank a bit and text messaging when I totaled my car against a parked car on a residential street. My original plan was to drive away and I even went so far as to changing one of my tires and driving about half a block away before I decided to call the police. They commented that given the circumstances it appeared that I had tried to flee. I admitted to drinking and texting and was brought to he station to undergo a sobriety test. The officer never breathalyzed me or took my blood and I passed the field sobriety test; however, he told me that I failed the eye test and he knew I was impaired but decided to let me off with a DUI warning, instead issuing me a "Careless Driving" and "Misuse of telephone while driving" ticket and let me go.

My lawyer advised me to get my rap sheet and all of my police reports and things before court and I found that I have a prior "Disorderly Conduct" citation and I'm on probation for a "Noise Violation" ticket. Basically I'm wondering what sort of penalties I'm looking at.

The fact that I got three misdemeanor charges, two of which are class 2 misdemeanors the other is class 1, within a few weeks of each other has me worried. Also my record has two other prior misdemeanors on it. I know that judges typically take into account the police reports as well as the charges when deciding on sentencing and the police reports are not flattering. For the resisting arrest charge the report describes me as unruly, violent, abusive, uncooperative and vulgar. The Careless driving ticket mentions the officer's suspicions that I had originally planned to hit and run but failed because my car was too damaged and also mentions that I was clearly impaired but they did not have enough proof to book me for the DUI.

I understand that laws differ from state to state and sentencing differs from judge to judge, but based on the general information provided, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what sort of sentencing I may be facing? I have my court date for the resisting arrest charge two weeks before the court date for my careless driving charge. Will the judges take into account all of the charges I'll be facing? If I get probation or anything for the resisting arrest charge, will I be in violation of that probation when I go to court for my other misdemeanor charges? Will they all compound on top of each other?

Any advice helps!
Stew

Fines, probation, and possibly a suspended drivers license. You may also be ordered to attend AA meetings or similar classes.
Also expect your insurance rates to go through the roof.

Since you have a lawyer, the lawyer should be able to answer any questions you have & give you an idea of what you are facing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back