Multiple jobs-very strange reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssrat

This is a little long AND strange so please bear with me.

1st I had a night clerk job at a small hotel and ended up being fired because a relative needed a job, and at the same time they were trying to find another korean to replace me (they only trusted those of their own race-even tho the person who managed the gift shop ripped them off).
Did not file with equal opportunity since it was a minimum wage job

I usually put that as left for other job (they don't even own the place any more)

Job as a security guard, in multiple locations, at night, roaming patrols, I ended up quitting after a couple of years since I finally got sick of being out in the middle of nowhere without a radio, having to go over a mile to use a payphone to call anything in (I finally got one the day after I decided I was leaving)

I put it down as left for new opportunity, but wondering if I could put down unsafe conditions, to break up the monotony.

Quick job as car parts delivery.for a few months grabbed bad KFC for lunch had to pull into park restroom, NO TP!
When I got back I grabbed a roll to take with me, let the dispatcher know and the next morning I was fired for "stealing"

I usually don't put it down but I have seen some delivery jobs out there, and am up in the air what to put down if I do use it to say I have done it before

Another short one was working at a resort (doing MANY things so I put it in) When I started I had a car, it blew up so I took the bus, which for half of my shift was ok but the other half the bus ended before I got off for the night,so I also worked as a guard overnight as they were building there at the same time.

One day I just was unable to go in, completely exhausted from going home trying to get 5-6h sleep during the day(if I could), so I called in sick, and was told if I did not show up I would be fired.

I usually end up putting in that explanation (and just say I WAS sick)

Finally: the best, ended up being worst job I had, was working as a Master Control Operator for Time Warner- good pay decent O/T HOWEVER...
After they fired someone it took almost 2years to HIRE his replacement because even though we were in Palm Springs we were technically part of San Diego, so everything went through them what that MEANT is that those 2 years the remaning 3 of us ended up filling in which would have been fine except that the person who was meant to follow me more than half of the time was able to find a way out of doing the "hard month" so It was up to me to do those.
So I was working half the week 7a-3p, then 3p-12(1am) and since of course I did not have a family I worked all the holidays, and was unable to take a vacation.
That finally ended up with me missing the 7am shifts by about 10m, and that added up over the time until I went passed those allowed (I saw the paper seeing I was to be fired so I came in the next day and quit..turned out I was going to get two weeks IF I had been fired , but that's my luck)
I was also about a month away from getting my 5y pin

I am worried about what TimeWarner will say but it has been 8y since that job, so it might just be started/left dates

So.. after all that (and a nice depression I have been in for the last 5y0not working not sure when I can) does anyone have a clue on how to organize those so it does not come across as whining

I do have a couple of references I have had to do myself (only because the people who said they would have not, but they can't be contacted at those jobs anymore) also figuring out who to write those so it does not come across the same.

Sorry about ALL this at once, any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back