Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Multiple felony charges in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

theseeker

I know someone who has been charged with over 10 2nd degree felonies (burglary), and I was wondering what the sentence might be. He has prior convictions for the same thing, and card fraud.

If convicted, his sentence will probably be fairly severe since he has priors. Sounds like a career criminal. Don't expect to see him walking free any time soon... IF the evidence is good.

I don't doubt the charges for a minute. I read a little about "three strikes" rules, but that appears to include only violent felonies in Texas, at least. How does it work with multiple felonies - what would determine whether sentences run concurrently or consecutively?

Texas has a habitual offender provision. If these 10 burglaries were related to inhabited dwellings, the time levied will be lengthy. The alleged offender should inquire of his attorney. I'm sure the attorney could provide guidance on this. It also depends on the county. I doubt that the person in question will get no less than 20 years, of which he'll have to do 10 years before he becomes parole eligible. Bottom line, this person will be sentenced to a long time, especially if he has prior felony convictions!

More than likely, the sentence wil not be consecutive. Judges rarely stack sentences, they don't have to in cases such as this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back