K Visa moving to States

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDFS

I am engaged to an American citizen, i am Canadian. I understand that I must get a finace visa to enter and live in the states. My 13 year old son will be coming with me and it is my understanding that he will get a visa when I get mine. My question if things do not work out in the states what would my son and I have to do to return to Canada? Also does my son have to have the medical and go to the interview with me? Are there seperated charges(monies) for each of to do the medical and interview?

Congratulations on your engagement! Sorry to say, your K-1 fiance visa only works towards a greencard if you marry the US citizen sponsoring your visa within the time limit established. If you decide to break things off and not marry your fiance, you'll have to return to Canada since K-1 status only grants you time to prepare a wedding and get married in the US. Even if you marry some other US citizen, the K-1 status is considered violated and unlike other visas, there's NO way to overcome this situation at AOS time.... just be careful and best of luck!
This is not legal advise, I'm not an attorney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back