moving to south america can i sign over my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennylo

i've been in iraq almost two yrs, i dont know my son, my ex-wife cheated on me and got pregnant when iwas first deployed to iraq. she wants nothing to do with me and doesn't want me near our son. i hate confrintaion with her she starts yelling and wanting to fight. i wanted to fight for custody but my lawyer said i would probaly not get custody since i'm in the military. i have been paying child support i'm not behind, but now i have a new ladie in my life. we plan to move to her home country of brazil, can i sign over right and not pay child support, or do i have to pay even though i'm not in the u.s.a?

If you continue to be in the military then you will likely be forced to pay CS. Once you are discharged, it is hard to enforce CS orders, BUT if you do stop paying and then come back to the US, you might find a warrant has been issued and you can go to jail.

Unless there is a stepfather willing to adopt, you likely cannot sign over rights. The mom must be remarried and also willing to let you terminate.

Duranie said:
If you continue to be in the military then you will likely be forced to pay CS. Once you are discharged, it is hard to enforce CS orders, BUT if you do stop paying and then come back to the US, you might find a warrant has been issued and you can go to jail.

Unless there is a stepfather willing to adopt, you likely cannot sign over rights. The mom must be remarried and also willing to let you terminate.

thanks D for the input, I have no problem paying child support. i been giving here money ever since i left to iraq the first time i've been supporting him. i'm a responsible person i know what has to be done. she has remarried and she tells me, my son doesn't need me he has a dad(her new husband). i pay all that money to her and find excuse why i cant see him i.e............ he sick or hes crying alot. it makes me mad especially being out here in iraq so much. i last him a yr ago. i figure just to give up and let her win, it time for me to start over. it sounds heartless to give up on my son but being in the military has me sorta like heartless with my perfession. well i appciate ur input and thank u.

Is there a visitation order in place? If not, get one. Mom cannot with=hold court ordered visitation. If she does she is in contempt. So if she is doing this to you see an attorney, if you are in the military you might be able to see JAG.

You have rights as a dad especailly since you pay CS. Don't let mom win at these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back