Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Moving to California & getting medical card - still on probation in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakedown22

My jurisdiction is: Michigan

Hi,

I was just put on a years probation for use of marijuana in Michigan. I am moving to California in the summer to go to school. My PO already knows that I am moving to California and says that I will have to go to a clinic out there to drug test, but I will be on probation in Michigan for a year (even though I will not see her, the tests will be sent back here, and she is not going to transfer me).

I know I can get a medical card in California, I have several things on my medical record that would qualify me. So if I provide proof of a medical card, will it matter if my drug tests show up positive for THC as long as it's nothing else? Since it is still illegal in Michigan (well, it will be legal medically in Michigan, but I read somewhere if you're on probation they can overrule it in court). Just wanting to know if the Michigan laws still stand in California. Which is it? In probation in Michigan, living in California. What rules do I follow?!

Last edited:
You follow the rules of your P.O.

Sorry, but you can't smoke Pot unless your PO states that you are allowed to do so, which is unlikely. Be happy they are letting you move.

I live and work in Michigan. It's a very strange State as far as Pot goes. You can be at one place, and it's a civil infraction, walk a few feet, and the courts bring hell upon you.

UGH are you serious?! This sucks so bad. I got caught right after the bill passed here, I would have been on my way to get a medical card HERE in a few days now and when I got caught it was the first time I had smoked in a month. Unfortunately I'm in Ottawa county so I'm in the worst one for weed (well, one of the worst counties in general, which is why I'm leaving). It was a huge fight just to get probation and this was my first offense. Now I won't be able to get one there either? sigh. So even as a legal medicine - I have to follow her rules, right? She can dictate what prescription drugs I take?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back