Moving out

P

Pepper0312

I will be 17 in a few months and I'm wondering if I can move out and not get arrested or anything? I don't want to live with my grandparents anymore. I don't get along with them. I want to move in with my boyfriend who is 18. If I can move at 17 could he go to jail for me livin with him ?

I will be 17 in a few months and I'm wondering if I can move out and not get arrested or anything? I don't want to live with my grandparents anymore. I don't get along with them. I want to move in with my boyfriend who is 18. If I can move at 17 could he go to jail for me livin with him ?

Sure, dude, you free 2 DEW whatever,yo.
U ain't no need lissen 2 dem ole folks.
Diss is America yo.
U tell 'em da dude on da innernet sez U free yo.
Piece out 2 all my peeps yo.

Tell yore boyfrind be care fill cause he mite git arest 4 mess with mynore.
Always use proteckshun if U be messin yo.

If them popo be mess with U sez the dude on the 'net leave U be.
America and Mr Trump set us free agin yo.

You can move out when you turn 18. In the meantime, why don't you try to get along with your grandparents.

You don't mention your state, but in all 50, if you are under 18, you live where your legal guardians tell you that you may live. In no state may an 18 year old harbor a runaway 16 year old. Exact penalties vary by state, but incarceration is among the possibilities, particularly if other laws regarding consorting with a minor are also broken.

As a former poster used to say 17 is not 18-lite. The age at which you can move out with no chance of being dragged back home and grounded for the year, is 18. In some states older, but in no state is that age younger than 18.

If you are in the state where your IP address is, you've probably heard rumors that you can legally move out at 17. That is NOT the truth. Because of an anomaly in your state law, SOME but by no means all, law enforcement officers are reluctant to take home a 17 year old who is in a safe place. However, not all LEO will take that position, and there is nothing in the law that will prevent your parents from picking you up bodily and taking you home themselves. (That same anomaly will make some LEO reluctant to interfere if your parents choose to do that.)

And make no mistake, if your parents make enough of a fuss, the answer is YES your boyfriend can go to jail if he lets you move in.

Back