Moving in With someone Who is not who he said he was....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xacapo

I was wondering I purchased a home in Nov 2010 with my fiance. I personally put $43,000 down on it he contributed $900 and since we have split the house payment since the first payment in jan 2011. Things are not going as planned and I would like to have him move out. But his name is on the house deed and mortage. do I have any right to get him out or how can I recover my down payment? Also he wouldnt be able to afford the house without me. thanks, sincerly confused

Oh, yes, you've been screwed. You've comingled your funds with a liar, cheat, conman, and a deadbeat.

Good thing you didn't marry this bum. The only way to get him out of your house is to buy him out. Yes, buy him out.

He's legally entitled to be in the house. You foolishly
believed his lies and boasts, and have now seen he's a crook. Too bad for you, in a legal sense. He has all the rights you do without having to pay any of the debts.

Well, he should pay but isn't. You're going to pay, because you have $43,000 skin in the game. He's got less than a $1,000.

You should immediately speak with an attorney. You can try to evict him for breach if contract. I hope you have something in writing detailing who will pay what. If not, it will be an uphill struggle to get this bum out.

It can be done. But, it'll cost you more money. You can pay this skunk to go away and get out of your house and life. That assumes he'll accept it. Anyway, you need to hire an attorney. This is gonna be a battle and struggle.

Make an offer to him. Have him sign over his rights for $2,500. This is more than fair.
Unless he is without a conscience, he will do it.

If he doesnt accept a buyout then you may end up having to sell the house. Bad thing about that is he will get half of profits unless he does the right thing here, which according to you he has not so prob. will not. Sorry to hear of the situation and hope all works out for you.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back