moving before going on probation

needhelp1324

Jurisdiction
New York
what happens or what can I do if I move somewhere new before I go on probation? I have a court date coming up and idk when it is yet. I really wanted to move before I got arrested and I still want to move. I want to report back to my court and go on probation and do every im supposed I just want to do it in my new town.

I asked my lawyer and I get almost no help. I just talk to his secretary and I never get to talk to him and they just tell me hes busy dealing a trial and cant do any meet ups or anything. I just want to move my address and have my probation moved there. what can I do? im trapped in a kinda bad situation and really need to move. I think it would be better for me too because where im moving I have more access to jobs and I just got a dui and I have no license now or car and the new place im going to has more public transit and local stuff so I don't need it as bad.

If you are moving within the same county you should be fine.
If you are moving to a different county you might contact the probation office and ask how they normally handle the situation.
It is not uncommon to transfer probation from one jurisdiction to another.

You're not happy with the answers you got down the street, so here you are hoping that someone will tell you to go ahead and move. That's not happening.

You're not even sentenced yet, is that correct?

If you're not happy with your attorney then fire him and get another one, The remaining balance on your retainer will be refunded.

If you didn't go out and commit a felony you wouldn't have this problem right now so stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself in the mirror.

Until the judge APPROVES a plea deal, or sentences you, don't convince yourself PROBATION is in your future.

People who believe probation is a fait accompli sometimes receive another "tion", INCARCERATION.

Back