moved to another state with an open dfs case

guam81

I moved to California with an open dfs case in Missouri cause I feared my children would be taken by dfs. Can Missouri dfs still take my children if we are here in California?

You betcha. In fact, you could potentially be charged with a criminal offense depending on the circumstances. By fleeing the state you have made it very easy to take the kids from you.
I suggest you visit an attorney ASAP to determine your next action.

You just dug yourself and even deeper hole to crawl out of now. As suggested you are best served now by contacting an Attorney

I moved to California with an open dfs case in Missouri cause I feared my children would be taken by dfs. Can Missouri dfs still take my children if we are here in California?

If criminal charges are filed? Yes.

If you are in violation of a court order? Yes.

If another parent has filed for and received custody? Yes.

So, did you leave one step ahead of the authorities? Or, did you already have clear sole legal and physical custody and no pending court cases?

I have full custody of my kids. I lived in a small town and people just kept making false allegations against me. Dfs opened a case against me and I just got tired of the harassment. I packed my kids and moved to California hoping this would not effect my family once in California.

Do yourself a favor and explain everything to a local attorney. You need to find out how serious the investigation was. If you JUST left then perhaps there is no damage done yet.
You said they were going to take your kids from you. Is that your opinion or were you told that would happen?

Just felt like that's what dfs does. I was not told my kids would be taken away. I left the state cause I don't need these problems.

Just felt like that's what dfs does. I was not told my kids would be taken away. I left the state cause I don't need these problems.

Let me be very clear:
Leaving one state only made matters worse.
You can run in the USA, but you can't hide.

What you did will only make things worse when they find you.
Not to worry, they will find you, unless you leave this country and hide in a country that has no treaty with the US.

These days, that's a problem, too.
Its hard to escape the US if you're wanted and are rich.
If you're broke or average, its impossible.

The authorities will eventually catch you.
When they do, you're going to lose your kids to the system.
They are very harsh when you break their laws and become a scofflaw.

You need to hire yourself a lawyer, ASAP.

No internet forum is big enough to help you.

You really do need to talk to a local attorney & explain the whole (complete) situation to him/her. You need someone who can help you.

Back