Motorcycle Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMCG

I was in a motorcycle accident, involving another vehicle. The other driver received the ticket for failing to yield. I received numerous injuries (broken leg, torn ligament in wrist, road rash, and impinged shoulder) that required surgery, a week's stay at the hospital, and will need further surgery. I've consulted with an attorney, but have not hired one yet. I was told by the attorney I consulted with that if I wait for an offer from the insurance company before hiring an attorney, that I would likely have to carry this to court to get the insurance company to increase their offer there after. Is this true? Why cannot I wait for an offer from the insurance company first, and if I don't like it, hire an attorney later?

Here's some info on motorcycle accidents you might find useful.

Insurance adjusters tend to feel out what type of (inadequate) settlement may make an unrepresented individual go away, then refuse to negotiate to any significant degree from that initial figure. After all insurance companies make money by settling claims for less than they are worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back