Motion For Default - HLP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenandbo

I am the CP and live in Alabama with my two teenage children. My ex husband (NCP) lives in Georgia. Our divorce and all related documents were completed in Georgia. I moved in 1999 to Alabama with our children.
In July 2006, I opened a case with DHR to help me continue to collect child support. I wasn't that interested in collecting back support, but rather forcing current support. When I opened the case, DHR had me complete documents that actually showed by ex in arrears in excess of $10,000. This year, when he found out that I would receive his income taxes to help pay off his back support, he hired an attorney in the city in Alabama that I am in and filed a modification. He wants the courts in Alabama to take jurisdiction, lower his current support, and have me pay back money he said he overpaid. I'm not concerned about this at all as we have a court date set for September. What I am concerned about is that I also received interrogatories from his attorney, and when I took both sets of documents to DHR, my case worker advised me not to respond. She stated that if the attorney for DHR needed anything from me that he would contact me. A week before the interrogatories were due, I contacted DHR again just to make sure I didn't need to do anything...I was again told not to respond. Well, guess what...I was sent a Motion For Default from my exes attorney because I didn't respond!
I was then asked to gather the information requested on the interrogatories and mail it to the DHR attorney. My current husband hand delivered the material last week.
I have tried several times to contact my case worker, who will not return my calls. I am told that I cannot talk with the attorney at DHR because the attorney represents DHR and I have to go through my case worker. It's the most frustrating thing ever...
Lastly, if the docket sheet is reviewed, it shows that I don't have an attorney and that DHR is NOT representing me.
1) What should I do...is there a way that I can find out if this has been addressed?
2) Will the judge sign a motion for default without me going to court first?
3) How can my ex file for modification (laws are different in GA and AL for support)? and what's the likelyhood that he will have the modification approved?
4) HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back