Mother's word on back child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau99

An ex-wife of a friend of mine is now claiming she is owed $11000 in back child support for a 5 yr period of time, between 95 and 2000, which is not true. He tried to get copies of checks from the banks they were written off of, but they only go back 5 and 7 yrs. My friend became disabled in 2000, but was not approved until 2006 by Social Security, and his ex received a lump sum going back as far as they could to 2003. Now she is going after half his disability check, and apparently the Department of Revenue is taking her word for this. My question is - during this 5 yr period his ex was on public housing, not claiming the child support as income, and not claiming the income of a boyfriend who was living with her. My friend informed the housing of this; they investigated, and she was kicked out. So she was committing fraud all those years. When this goes to court, can this be used in any way to show character, so that they don't just take her word on the back child support?
There was no reason, why, if she wasn't receiving child support, she couldn't have taken him to court back then. He has always lived very close to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back