mother and step father divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

napadget

My mother and step father are getting a divorce. There's a property in question that had my name first and my mother's name second with an "or" between the names and my step dads name isn't on it. He thinks he is entitled to a piece of the property because my mother's name is on it. Any help is greatly appreciated

My mother and step father are getting a divorce. There's a property in question that had my name first and my mother's name second with an "or" between the names and my step dads name isn't on it. He thinks he is entitled to a piece of the property because my mother's name is on it. Any help is greatly appreciated

If the property is owned by YOU and your mother prior to their marriage, he can't touch it.
You can sit back and relax after advising mother as to how she might proceed.
Look below, mister.
The easiest way for mother to take care of this is to work with her lawyer to ensure the court will slap his greedy paws for trying to snatch that things to which he has no legal claim.

I'm not convinced it's anywhere near as simple as it's being made out to be.

Mom needs an attorney. Now.

The property in question came into the picture after they were married

Well, as Proserpina suggested, mother needs to consult a family law attorney, ASAP.

You might want to consult a real estate attorney yourself, friend.

Agree re getting a lawyer - you & your Mother want to be sure that you get everything you are entitled to. You both need to see what a lawyer says re entitlement of the property, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back