Consumer Fraud Motel 6 scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveandchrisv

I had made reservations at the local Motel 6 on a Tuesday night I requested a room for Thursday and Friday nights and checked with the clerk about the availability of the a room for Satruday, did I need to reserve? She said Saturday was pretty open so I did not reserve for that day. On Thursday when I checked in I was told my reservation was for Wednesday and since I was a no show they billed my credit card. They state they audio of their clerk saying the reservation is for "tomorrow" This could easily have been fabricated since they do not have my side of the conversation. They are refusing to refund my money. I believe this is a scam, do I have any recourse?

Sounds like there is now way to even proove that it was your call, but the other question is, it sounds like this was a call directly to the hotel, not a reservations line, which strikes me as odd they would record the call at all. But even if they did, did they they inform you that they were recording the call, and if they did, do they have you on the recording giving your concent? Now they may be able to wiggle out of that one if the whole call was of the clerk's side. But at the same time, I don't think that would hold up as any solid evidence in a law suit.

I would also call you credit card compnay and dispute the charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back