Mortgage release from Quitclaim Deed?

LouisinAtlanta

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hi,

Suntrust/Truist bank sent me a Quitclaim Deed for my second mortgage last year. The mortgage went through a chapter 7 bankruptcy some 15 years ago and was never reaffirmed. The bank told me the balance has changed to 0.00, no selling to collection agency, etc, it had simply been written off according to them. Since the balance was 0.00, they sent me a Quitclaim deed to supposedly release any financial obligations on the mortgage.

Has anyone had experience with this that can offer some advice? I want to be sure there is no financial claim on the property from them should I sell.

Thanks!

Nobody has had experience with your exact situation. If this is important to you, then you seek local legal counsel who can review all of the facts of the matter and give personalized advice.

Suntrust/Truist bank sent me a Quitclaim Deed for my second mortgage last year. . . . they [sic] sent me a Quitclaim deed to supposedly release any financial obligations on the mortgage.

So...the deed identifies the bank as grantor and you as grantee and conveys any and all interest the bank has in your property? It's signed and notarized?

The mortgage went through a chapter 7 bankruptcy some 15 years ago and was never reaffirmed.

You mean the debt was reaffirmed. The mortgage lien remains against the property.

Has anyone had experience with this that can offer some advice? I want to be sure there is no financial claim on the property from them should I sell.

Has the deed been filed/recorded?

The deed is signed and notarized, as well as it was filed with the county property tax office.

Great. What about the other question I asked: So...the deed identifies the bank as grantor and you as grantee and conveys any and all interest the bank has in your property?

Has anyone had experience with this that can offer some advice?

When I am ailing, I visit my physician.

I'm also a licensed osteopathic physician, as well as an attorney.

When I have legal issues, I consult my attorney, even though I own a law firm.

I suggest you consult a real estate attorney to obtain answers to your legal issues.

Back