mortgage issues

T

tym4art

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Got in financial trouble in 2002, they were going to foreclose my house that I own with my husband. His parent bought our home so we could stay in it. We pay make the current mortgage payment. My husband and I are now divorcing. I looked at the mortgage deed they have on file. I has a "Family Rider" at the end that in it states, "In addition to the Property described in the Security Instrument, the following items now or hereafter attached to the Property to the extent they are fixtures are added to the Property description and shall also constitute the Property covered by the Security Instrument: building materials, appliances and goods of every nature whatsoever now or here after located in on or used or intended to be used in connection with the Property, including but not limited to those for the purposes of supplying or distributing heating, cooling, electricity, gas water air and light." Then it goes on to name some major appliances window, sinks, curtains etc. So his parents now own all of my appliances? Then where is says "goods of every nature, located on the property" do they own all of my furniture too? My husband said they do and all I get are my cloths and personal items?

We pay make the current mortgage payment.

No, you don't. You pay RENT. Doesn't matter where you send the checks, it's still rent.

You and your husband are tenants in his parents' house.

My husband said they do and all I get are my cloths and personal items?

Those mortgage papers don't change your marital interest in household goods. Unfortunately, after a long marriage, there is no "my stuff" there is only "our stuff" but you still have a marital interest that needs to be divided when you split up.

Your husband is your enemy. Never take legal advice from your enemy. Get yourself a lawyer or you'll get screwed.

Back