Mortgage Company Employee Harrasses Me and Family

Sandysandskk

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello,

I was in the process of purchasing a home using a mortgage company. The loan officer called my father and me trying to convince us to continue with the loan process day and night even though I stated I did not want to move forward. On the day of closing, the office called to say that they made a mistake with the loan product offered and had to switch to an FHA loan which I told them previously that I did not want.

I complained and said to corporate that:

- they wasted my time and money ordering all of the inspections
- The loan office yelled at me and harrassed me to continue with this loan process. My realtor was on all the calls so he can testify to that.

Corporate responded that my claim to be compensated for harassment by their employee is not reasonable and that they will only compensate me for the inspections that I ordered.

Do I still need a lawyer to sue for harassment or is there nothing I can do but accept the inspection fees to be paid back?

Hello,

I was in the process of purchasing a home using a mortgage company. The loan officer called my father and me trying to convince us to continue with the loan process day and night even though I stated I did not want to move forward. On the day of closing, the office called to say that they made a mistake with the loan product offered and had to switch to an FHA loan which I told them previously that I did not want.

I complained and said to corporate that:

- they wasted my time and money ordering all of the inspections
- The loan office yelled at me and harrassed me to continue with this loan process. My realtor was on all the calls so he can testify to that.

Corporate responded that my claim to be compensated for harassment by their employee is not reasonable and that they will only compensate me for the inspections that I ordered.

Do I still need a lawyer to sue for harassment or is there nothing I can do but accept the inspection fees to be paid back?

The actions you have described, while not good business, aren't compensable. They probably don't even rise to the level of "harassment".

Beyond that, if you aren't using their product, why were they involved in the closing at all?

I was in the process of purchasing a home using a mortgage company. The loan officer called my father and me trying to convince us to continue with the loan process

If you were buying, why would this person be calling your father?

I stated I did not want to move forward. On the day of closing

If you didn't want to move forward, how did you get to a point that you were closing?

The loan office yelled at me and harrassed me

Harassed you how?

Makes perfect sense.

"Harassment" is not something for which one can sue. Among other things, nothing in your post suggests you incurred any damages as a result of any alleged harassment.

Dealing with an obnoxious vendor of a product or service is not harassment. Accept the inspection fees and move on with your life.

The mortgage industry is getting hit hard right now due to rising interest rates. An employee who is driving borrowers away by yelling at them won't have a job for very long, assuming that he hasn't been terminated already.

Back