More Alimony should be rewarded?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valgreen

"Effeictive 02-01-02 through 1-31-05 Mr. Terry Green to pay spousal support in te amount of 900 month to resp/ms. Valerie Green. Parties agree that Ptnr is current in support up through and inclusing 01-31-02. Review hearing to be calendared for may 2005 re: spousal support. This is a continuance to consider possible modification of the order, or even possible termination date. The court does not set a hearing in 2005 at this time, as it is unknown what the court calendar will be at the future date. Counsel agree to file a motion to address spousal support"
--MY question is...do we still have to go to court so, I can recieve, or possibly terminate the spousal support? If it would be even possible to recieve more spousal support? They way I read it...we have to appear infront of court for the judge to decide. Also, does the judge have to honor this paper?

It sounds like you haven't received spousal support for over 3 and a half years, and you missed your opportunity to schedule the hearing to extend the support. Is that correct?

If so, I suppose you can ask your lawyer to request a hearing, and you may get one. However, since you haven't been getting any support for almost 4 years, nor have you apparently tried, I think it's unlikely that the support would be continued. More likely, the judge would officially terminate the support order.

Your lawyer may have a different opinion, and it shouldn't cost too much just to ask him/her about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back