Consumer Law, Warranties money loaned w/ no written or verbal contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphin

:confused:In June of 04, A friend of mine asked me to come out to Indiana and help her with some personal matters, I told her that I could not afford to go out there for a month, due to bills and such. She offered me 1600 dollars, to pay for my expenses while out there(it being a loan was never mentioned) . I went out there for a month and helped her. In July or Aug, sne loaned me about 7,000 dollars . At the time of the loan, I stated to her that I didn't know when I could start paying her back and that was understood and fine with her. In November, her and I got into a arguement and I stopped taking her calls (this was after several phone calls where she would just get mad and hang up). At this time, she said that I didn't have to worry about starting to pay her back until 2005 ( she didn't specify as to when). I did not respond to her or her email stating this. In Sept., I was able to send her 500 dollars, in Dec. 250 dollars, even though it was still 2004. I sent her another 200 dollars in Jan. Now she is harassing me about having to pay the amount in full and has been threatening me, and threatened to contact friends and family that have nothing to do with the loan. I am in no way trying to get out of paying her back. I have been sending her what I can every month. ( I am out of work, have been since Aug 03 on workers comp. and just started getting paid in Nov of 04). She is now saying that I owe her 10,000 , which is including the 1600 when I helped her, 500 she gave me for my birthday, a massage chair she bought me without my knowledge and sent it to my house, a vacation that she called and made the arragements with the hotel and then informed me of it after. SO, basically what I am asking, is that since there was no written or verbal contract, can she force me to pay the loan in full, even though iI have been paying her monthly. And can she continue to harass me and threaten me with law suits and contacting friends and family. She has obtained my partners ex-husband's cell phone number and other information as to threaten me and her. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back