Money back from a Company who didn't do any work on my home

David Shoots

Jurisdiction
Florida
I recently went to a company called Colonial Generators to install a Whole Home Generator back in September 2019. an estimate was done by them as well as three other firms. I went with colonial. the VA is helping me pay for part of this. I received a partial payment from the VA and forwarded this to the company. It was not a deposit. I haven't heard from them since and have been attempting to contact them for a refund. They did not do any work at all. I even contacted their headquarters in PA with no success. the amount I sent them was $3400. I need to know my options
There has been no communication with the company to help me
>

I recently went to a company called Colonial Generators to install a Whole Home Generator back in September 2019. an estimate was done by them as well as three other firms. I went with colonial. the VA is helping me pay for part of this. I received a partial payment from the VA and forwarded this to the company. It was not a deposit. I haven't heard from them since and have been attempting to contact them for a refund. They did not do any work at all. I even contacted their headquarters in PA with no success. the amount I sent them was $3400. I need to know my options
There has been no communication with the company to help me
>
Have you gone to their office?

I went to their office and they have been temporarily out of business, according to their business neighbor. it wasn't a deposit. it was from the partial payment the VA sent me and was sent to them so that the amount that I have to finance through them would be less. I explained this to them in a text. the deposit would have been half, according to their paperwork. I never signed a contract

their headquarters is in PA and no one seems to be in charge

Have you checked to see if the company filed bankruptcy?

See what a Google search reveals.

You can also check the federal courts using PACER.

Back