Corporate Law Monetary Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

streich3

If a Corporation has a monetary Judgement against it and the creditor is currently litigating a Citation to Discover Assets against this Corporation, is the Corporation legally obligated to pay the creditor before paying any other creditors?

If a Corporation has a monetary Judgement against it and the creditor is currently litigating a Citation to Discover Assets against this Corporation, is the Corporation legally obligated to pay the creditor before paying any other creditors?

This question makes no sense and I cannot guess what you want to know.

Rephrase it.

I am a General Contractor. A year ago I hired a company (A) to perform sevices for my company on a project. They completed the work, invoiced my company for $20,000 and I did not pay them. (The job went sour and I lost money on the job.) I have repeatedly told them that I would pay them (I have an upcoming project that will gererate reveue to pay them their money.) Well they ran out of patience and obtained a monetary judgement against my company. Furthermore, they currently filed a "Citation to Disccover Assets". My company has other projects going wherby we are generating revenue. Of course, there are subcontractors (Company B, C, D, et.al) for my company on these projects that have invoice me for services performed. My question is: "Am I legally bound to pay company A, (with money from projects other than the one on which company A performed work) before paying companies B, C, D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back