molestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

violated01

when i was 6 i was molested by my neighbor, a mid 40's retired male. This continued for roughly 6 years and i want to know if there is anything that i can do, given how much time has elapsed. I have always felt ashamed of everything that happened and it hit close to home again when the same thing happened to my friends grandchildren. it made me wish i had done something back then. I am now 21 and about 10 years have elapsed since the last encounter. any reccomendations would be appreciated

This guy probably has gone on to molest other children. Please call the police and ask to speak to a detective in the sex crimes unit. I am sure they will talk to you and it is up to the DA to file charges, providing the SOL has not been met.

PLEASE tell some about about this.

Good luck

is that all that could be done? i just want to make sure that i have all of my bases covered when i pursue this. i didnt tell anyone until last year when i was supposed to get married...i told my parents and my fiance (im no longer with her or on speaking terms with her) and i realized then that i couldnt just let it go....

There may be an agency for your state or city that helps victims of sexual abuse...google your state/city name and add help for victims of sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back