Modification spousal support & arears

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgofmanas

My jurisdiction is: NY Suffolk County

Supreme court ordered in divorce aggreement to pay $1,100 per month spousal support based on my income of $70,000 per year. Last April 22, 2008 I was layed off from my job. I was on unemployment for 6 weeks and was not able to pay her. I found a job in the same line of work (June 6, 2008) at a rate of $52,000 per year and I started paying her again, not able to make up the arearage. In the begining of November, 2008 my boss cut my pay by about 25% due to the lack of sales and the economics of the industry. I was also asked to move out of my girlfriends home and forced to move in with my 81 year old mother in East Northport. That meant moving my belongings from Ballston Lake NY. to Long Island (East Northport). Double whamy! Now with my present income and no frill bills that I have I can not afford to pay her anything and she has a summons for my court appearence Jan. 15, 2009 in Columbia county NY (Hudson). I need to file something here in Suffolk for a modification of spousal support and have no idea on what to do when I go to court on the 15th. I have no extra money and think I am in big trouble due to circumstances beyond my control. Please if someone could direct and help me, it would be much appreciated. Tim Gofmanas Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back