Missy15

Status
Not open for further replies.

missy15

Elderly aunt died , twin of father, Sister executrix, included three nieces in Will, left out
three, The sister that is the executrix had a lot of influence on the aunt, she was very frail and ill, in her late eighties. There were bank accounts that were emptied by executrix, who also had poa (prior)to her death, . Not named as heir, being asked to sign off on estate, not comfortable doing that as my aunt was not the type of woman to exclude three of her family members.
Question: Can I ask for an accounting of monies withdrawn prior to her death?
Why do I have to sign off on the estate?
What happens if I refuse?

How do I approach this, can I do this with out a lawyer. Please respond as soon as possible, this is going to cause family problems between the three in the Will and the
three left out.

Thank you.

Most family members don't get anything after a relative dies anyway so I wouldn't worry about asking for records of the account unless she had a really large estate. If you're not named as heir, why would they required you to sign anything? That sounds a little fishy and I wouldn't sign anything without speaking with a lawyer. Some lawyers give a consultation for free. Don't worry about making the others upset. Just tell them you're not signing anything unless a lawyer tells you it's o.k. and you don't have the money for a lawyer. When my Grandfathers died, I didn't have to sign anything and neither did my parents or any other family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back