Misdemeanors and applying to Grad schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticblu21

Hello,

4 years ago i got 2 misdemeanors. The dispositions for these were nolle prosequi. Since then i've found out that means i don't have a criminal record but the arrests still remain, so if anyone does a criminal background check then that means it'll still come up. I am applying to Grads schools right now and i have checked the box on the application form that i was not convicted of a crime...however now i'm concerned that the university may do a criminal background check on me and i may be dicriminated against, in comparison to a candidate who has no arrests.

Can anyone please tell me whether thay have any experince of having gotten arrested, no convictions made and they were still able to get into Grad school?

Kind regards,

Please post each question only once; I've deleted your two duplicate posts.

Ask the grad school your questions.

Your record would show on a BG check. You have to work with a criminal lawyer to expunge if you don't want the arrest to show. But given it was not prosecuted; it should not affect your application. Just be honest about it because it would show in a BG check if you state does not automatically seal such records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back