Other Immigration Law Misdemeanor domestic violence, no conviction & re-entry into US

Status
Not open for further replies.

muobcfj

I am a permanent resident who unfortunately had a family incident that resulted in an arrest and charged with misdemeanor family violence (simple battery). Since this was my first brush with the law and pleaded not guilty, I was allowed to enroll in pre-trial intervention. Once the counseling courses over, my case will be nolled and expunged. I'm currently half way into the PTI program.

I recently flew international since the incident and upon re-entry into the US, I was questioned by the CBP officer about the arrest. I noticed the officer took notes in the system while I was answering his questions. I was allowed to re-entry but was told to obtain a certified copy of the court proceeds and present it next time I travel international.

Well, I found myself having to fly out of country again. I did obtain a certified copy of the court proceeds showing pre-trial intervention and no conviction as well as copy of my PTI attendance.

Is the above sufficient to ensure that no issues are encountered upon re-entry?

I am a permanent resident who unfortunately had a family incident that resulted in an arrest and charged with misdemeanor family violence (simple battery). Since this was my first brush with the law and pleaded not guilty, I was allowed to enroll in pre-trial intervention. Once the counseling courses over, my case will be nolled and expunged. I'm currently half way into the PTI program.

I recently flew international since the incident and upon re-entry into the US, I was questioned by the CBP officer about the arrest. I noticed the officer took notes in the system while I was answering his questions. I was allowed to re-entry but was told to obtain a certified copy of the court proceeds and present it next time I travel international.

Well, I found myself having to fly out of country again. I did obtain a certified copy of the court proceeds showing pre-trial intervention and no conviction as well as copy of my PTI attendance.

Is the above sufficient to ensure that no issues are encountered upon re-entry?

There is no way that anyone on this site can promise you, or assure you that you will not have legal troubles when you attempt to reenter the US.

You should be directing ALL inquiries to the Border Control Officers (you can ask to speak with a supervisor or manager) at any international airport.

You could also speak with an attorney, or call CBP and inquire.

Nothing anyone here tells you will be useful when a CBP Officer locks those handcuffs around your wrists.

You speak to a licensed physician when you have a medical issue, you don't consult WebMD.

I'll throw this out there, and you should vet it.

That conviction, it'll NEVER go away.

It'll always stain your record.

The ONLY way to cleanse that stain is by an full pardon issued by the governor of GA.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE TOLD YOU, even what they say in the commercial below, a pardon is the only way for that incident to
be erased:

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=492&d=1398879368

If you have a legal problem, and you have a few, you need a real attorney, and you should be seeking clarification from
US HOMELAND SECURITY, or CBP:

http://www.uscis.gov/

http://www.cbp.gov/

Attachments

• slide1.jpg
    slide1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back