Medical Malpractice Mis diagnoises after a work injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowtiebug

I'm wondering if I have a case or not .

My current Dr.'s say the delay caused further damage .

I was injured on the job in Texas , I was hammering with a chisel driving a bearing race out of a hub when the chisel chipped and the hammer hit my wrist ,
resulting in blood spraying out of a artery .

My employer took me to a local Clinic that they regularly use which is a Nurse Practitioner's office , bye the time we arrived the bleeding had stopped externally
and was bleeding under the skin causing a bump , they soaked it in iodine solution and wrapped it up and said I just bruised it and sent me back to work .

they said it will be sore for a week or so but that's it , they gave me a testiness shot and antibiotic's and sent me back to work .

I worked 2 days and the pain was and swelling was getting worse , so when I got back to work on Tuesday ( holiday weekend ) I could not feel my hand or hardly move it .

after going to a 2nd Dr. , the 1st question he ask is what did the x-ray show , I said they did not x-ray it and he was floored , stating you hit yourself with a hammer hard enough to draw blood and they never x-rayed it .

The x-ray showed a small piece of metal lodged in my arm , which ended up sawing my Radial nerve in two , resulting in nerve damage to my left hand and no function of my wrist rotating due to delayed treatment .

My 2 treating Dr.'s say they should have done the x-ray 1st thing .

Do I have a case for failure to properly diagnose resulting in additional damage , My employer paid out of pocket for this visit ..

Thank you for any help in this matter .

Bowtiebug .

You need to locate an attorney who specializes in workers compensation matters. Then go and discuss your situation with that attorney.

You might also wish to discuss the matter with a medical malpractice attorney.

But, be advised, you might have been a bit negligent yourself.

Nevertheless, don't waste anymore time with do it yourself nonsense.

Go see real, living, breathing attorneys ASAP.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
A testiness shot?!

Oh gosh, I know a few people who might benefit from one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back