Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Mip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik1

I'm 19 years old and last night was given a citation for violation city ordinance 96-1973 section 12-5-5 in the city of Albuquerque in Bernalillo county. I'm supposed to appear in court sometime within the next 5 days.

What is most likely to happen? What are the typical consequences? How should I plead?

We don't have access to city ordinance books. If you don't have an attorney you should plead not guilty and get them to appoint and attorney to you. Most likely if you plead not guilty an attorney will be able to put you in a diversion program where you will have a drug and alcohol class, a fine, community service and no record. Go and drink no more till you are 21. That sort of thing.

I went in today and it turns out the initial court visit was just to set up an actual court date, which is in two weeks from tomorrow. However, the notice of hearing form I was given said that I'm ordered to appear for a bond arraignment...which I'm not entirely sure what that is.

Nik_ said:
I went in today and it turns out the initial court visit was just to set up an actual court date, which is in two weeks from tomorrow. However, the notice of hearing form I was given said that I'm ordered to appear for a bond arraignment...which I'm not entirely sure what that is.

Your bond will be set.

You'll likely sign a document to appear and participate in all proceedings.

If you agree, you'll continue to be allowed your freedom on your promise to appear and no cash or bail will be required.

You might also be asked to enter a plea.

You should plead not guilty.
Or, you can stand mute.
If you do, the court will enter a nit guilty plea on your behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back