Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Mip

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelio08

brazos county
so i got a MIP the other day and the officer marked me as white instead of hispanic, is that enough to get the ticket dissmissed? also the cop did not circle citation or warning, will that effect things?

the alcohol was in the cab of the truck hidden and the cop gave everybody a ticket not just the driver when everyone includeing the driver said it was his and nobody else knew about it

brazos county
so i got a MIP the other day and the officer marked me as white instead of hispanic, is that enough to get the ticket dissmissed?
Uh ... no.

Especially when you consider that even the US Census and NCIC considers Hispanic an ethnicity that can apply to the race category of "White" it reinforces the fact that this is irrelevant.

also the cop did not circle citation or warning, will that effect things?
It might confuse the people filing the citation, but if it has a court date it is safe to assume that it is not a warning.

Now, if you want to hire an attorney to look into the possibility of contesting the citation as an improper charging document, you can go ahead and give it a go.

the alcohol was in the cab of the truck hidden and the cop gave everybody a ticket not just the driver when everyone includeing the driver said it was his and nobody else knew about it
If the police officer's testimony agrees to that contention, you might be able to get off. But, to be safe,you might want to subpoena or ask these people to attend court and testify that the alcohol belonged to someone else and that you did not know it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back