Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP still going to court six months later

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottylee

Hello,

My 19 yr old son was in a car with others and had been drinking. He was taken to jail for MIP. That was in March. He went to court in April and the judge did a continuance. The kids and families were confused since the kids were pleading guilty. The probation officer came over and said the judge expected them to enroll in alcohol classes before the next appearance.

My son enrolled in classes in our state (IN). I took him back in May. When he appeared before the judge, the judge became enraged because my son had not "graduated" from his alcohol class. (Apparently in Van Wert, you go to a weekend class at the Holiday Inn and are done. My son was going to 20 treatments, one weekly) After stalling us in Ohio the entire day, the judge decided to give my son another continuance and ordered him to do 40 hour of community service. This is more of just giving you background in how crazy this has been.

So, in July, my son went back to court. He had in his posession proof of his community service and the diploma from his class. The judge came down, shook his hand, gave him a years probation and sent him on his way.

Here's where it gets sticky. When my son finiished his last alcohol class, he was given a urine test. We later found out that his counselor was going around telling other people in his class that he was found positive for pot and that my son would be going to jail. So my son had taken the test before sentencing. This counselor sent the info in after sentencing.

Now, in September, my son has received a letter saying the judge wants to do a sentence review and my son is to appear in Ohio next Tues.

Can my son go to jail in Ohio for this positive test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back