Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse MIP Probation Violation - 2nd offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

jft4371

My oldest daughter, who is now 19 years old, had a minor in possesion at 18 years old, and was fined and placed on probation for two years, and ordered to undergo weekly counseling and attend AA meetings.
At 19 years old she violated the probation (tested positive to alcohol in a urine test), and the courts put her in jail for the weekend and extended her probation by two years.
Recently, she tested positive for marijuana in a urine test. The counselor told her that the counselling was obviously doing her no good and that the counselor was "washing her hands of" her.
She has to go to court in a few weeks for this 2nd probation violation. What kind of sentencing, or punishment, can we expect?

has she been convicted of other crimes? 2 years probation, weekly counseling, aa, etc. for a 1st offense MIP is unduly harsh.

With the urine test positive for alcohol, was it an ETG test?

Michigan varies GREATLY by counties. I hope you're not in Oakland county. . .

what county is she in? It also varies by Judge.

. . .

I know she is your daughter, and I'm a parent so I know what that means to you, but she has a serious problem either with the drugs or with authority. Either of those problems is going to land her in much worse problems soon. The judge is going to hammer her (or she is going to feel like it). It's nothing compared to what will happen when she is found buying drugs, or is brutally raped and killed because she is cursing around a neighborhood looking for drugs or hanging out with those that do. If your daughter thinks it's "just marijuana" ask her to watch this: Raped and Murdered for Drugs.

I hope you get a handle on her. I hope the Judge does whatever it takes to break her rebellion. I know that isn't what you want to hear, and believe me I sympathize with you, but drugs are not a game. She has made the trip from underage drinking to marijuana and probation violation. How long do you think it will be before she tries Meth, Ice, Heroine, Coke, etc.?

Good luck, I hope whatever the judge does it breaks her. A criminal record is not your concern now.

Marijuana is no doubt very bad for health. I can feel what type of situation you are going with. But don't you worry so much regarding the punishment. The punishment will not be so hard. I wanna wish your daughter best of luck.

Regards,
Chris Berry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back