Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication MIP in michigan, first offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

molly311

A couple days ago me along with 6 of my other friends all recieved MIPs over at a friends house. Are court dates are all the same day at the same time and i was wondering if that was going to work against me in some way. I have asked around and talked to a lot of people who have gotten MIPs before and i have heard so many different consequences. Everyone is telling me to plead guilty and when i look up info on the internet it says to plead not guilty. The cops told me that there was an option I had where i can somehow go on probation pay a fine and have it wiped off my record in 6 months. I would like to know what this option is called and how i go about doing this. I was also wondering if because it was my first offense if i was going to have to take a drug test. I just need to know what my best options are. Also i have a little more than 6 months before i turn 21 will that mean anything?

Also there were 10 people at the house that night and 7 of them were underage. The cops said the reason they came was because they recieved a disturbance call and when one of the residents of the house refused to let them in they called someone and got a search warrent, yet when this same resident called the next day to see what the disturbance call was about whoever he spoke to told him there was no record of a call. How was it possible for them to still get a search warrent?

Last edited:
I plead guilty to mine in Mt. Pleasant and got 6 months non-reporting probation, had 2 alcohol classes, no drug testing or blowing, but where you got it makes a difference, i know people who got one in oakland county and got blowing/drug testing weekly and a year of reporting probation, find out if the court you are in has a standard, in mt. pleasant they had 3 options to choose from

Only advice i can give you is once your on probation dont get caught again, if you have to stop drinking then its probably worth it, I'm only 20 and not some old person so beleive me its not worth all the money and bs you have to put up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back